Give yourself the Dow Credit Union financial advantage:
- A tradition of low rates on loans and high dividends on savings
- Anywhere Banking options that make it easy to do business with us no matter where life takes you
- Award-winning performance in saving members money
- A unique Member Giveback program: For decades, Dow Credit Union has routinely returned a portion of our earnings to our members in the form of Loan Interest Rebates, Member Saver Rewards, and Visa® Debit Card Rebates2
Our New-Member Package includes:
You Can Join!
It’s easier than ever to join Dow Credit Union! Almost EVERYONE is eligible, including employees and retirees of:
- Dow Inc. (formerly known as The Dow Chemical Company) and its affiliated companies
- The former Dow Corning Corporation and its affiliated companies
- Nearly 100 other Select Employer Group companies
If you have a family member or share a household with a current member – you can join, too!
Who else can join?
- Members of the Midland Area Community Foundation
Did you know, donating $10 to the Multipliers for Good Fund makes you a donor-member of the Midland Area Community Foundation? For added convenience, you can make the donation during your Dow Credit Union membership application process.
Members of Midland Center for the Arts’ Alden B. Dow Museum of Science & Art or Midland County Historical Society
- Revocable Trusts in which the Grantor is a member of Dow Credit Union
- Individual owners of stock in Dow Inc.3
- Members of the Midland Country Club
- Great Lakes Loons Founders Club members
Still not sure you’re eligible for membership? Contact us, and we’ll help you find your way in!
Note: If you are not subject to U.S. taxes and/or do not reside in the U.S., please contact us for assistance.
How to Join
It’s easy! Just open a Dow Credit Union Savings Account (with a minimum $5 deposit) and a Dow Credit Union Checking Account. With our simple and secure online application, you can become a member in 15 minutes or less!
What type of account are you opening?
Call our Member Contact Center between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday:
989.835.7794 or 800.835.7794
Visit our office at 600 E Lyon, Midland, MI 48640, between 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday.
Apply by Mail
Download and complete the paper membership application below and mail it to:
Dow Credit Union PO Box 1649 Midland, MI 48641-1649
You will need to supply:
- Notarized signatures for the primary account holder and for each joint account holder
- A copy of the driver’s license (front and back) for the primary account holder and for each joint account holder
- A minimum deposit of $5.00
After you complete the application process, use our simple, downloadable forms to switch your direct deposit and automatic payment information from your old account to your new Dow Credit Union account:
- Change your direct deposit information
- Change your automatic payment information
- Close your old account at your previous financial institution
Requires Internet Explorer 10+, Firefox, Safari or Chrome browser with cookies enabled.
While Member Giveback rebates and rewards occur with great regularity, this credit union benefit is not guaranteed. Not all loan and deposit products are eligible for Member Giveback consideration. Some limitations apply. Membership eligibility required.
Individuals who own one or more shares of Dow Chemical stock in their own name are eligible for membership. This does not include Dow stock held within a trust, retirement, 401(k) or other investment plan by another institution or group.