Make a Loan Payment
Thank you for financing with Dow Credit Union! We offer a number of convenient options to make payments to Dow Credit Union for your loan.
You can make your loan payments1 quickly and easily via Online Banking, the Mobile App or from an account at another financial institution2. Payments can also be completed by phone, mail or in person at any of our branch locations.
If you would like to request a payoff or you need assistance with making your payments, send us a message within Online Banking or the Mobile App, or contact us.
Select an option below to get started.
Pay Using Online Banking
Make recurring or one-time payments from any account (non-Dow Credit Union or Dow Credit Union) using Online or Mobile Banking.
In Online Banking, navigate to the ‘Accounts’ section, and select ‘Add an external transfer account’.
In the Mobile App, navigate to the ‘Accounts’ section, hit the plus sign to add an account, and select ‘Make external transfers’.
Make a Credit Card Payment
Complete a one-time credit card payment in Online Banking by selecting ‘Transfer’, then ‘Make a transfer’.
If you would like to set up recurring payments, you will need to set this up under the Visa Account by selecting your Visa Credit Card from the list of accounts, then ‘Manage cards’ from the submenu. You will then be taken to the Visa landing page where you can view history, make payments, set up alerts and more!
Other Loan Payment Options
Pay by Phone
Call 800.835.7794 to transfer your loan payment from your Dow Credit Union checking or savings account.
Pay in Person
Stop by our office located at 600 E. Lyon Road, Midland, MI 48640 to make your payment.
Pay by Mail
Drop your payment in the mailbox and send it to:
Dow Credit Union
P.O. Box 1649
Midland, MI 48641
Please write your account number and loan ID on the memo line on the bottom left hand side of the check.
1. Payments on certain mortgage products cannot be completed in Online Banking or the Mobile App.
2. A $10 Convenience Fee is assessed by Dow Credit Union for payments made with a debit card. Depending on your Visa® or MasterCard® debit card, you may encounter an additional cash advance fee from your other financial institution.
Loan Protection Options
MEMBER’S CHOICE™ Borrower Security
Dow Credit Union's MEMBER’S CHOICE™ Borrower Security1 is a voluntary loan-payment protection product that helps preserve your family’s standard of living and gives you relief from financial burdens if a protected life event such as disability, loss of life, or involuntary unemployment happens to you.
Call our Consumer Loan Department at 800.835.7794 or 989.835.7794 and ask about protecting your loans today.
Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP)
GAP is a debt protection product that covers or reduces the cost of an outstanding loan that may not be covered by your insurance company should your vehicle be totaled or stolen.2
Dow Credit Union offers GAP PLUS! If there is a total loss or unrecovered theft loss of the vehicle and you finance a replacement vehicle from the credit union within 120 days after the Primary Insurance Company issues a settlement check, the first $2,500 will be canceled on your new loan.
Deductible Assistance is also included when you purchase GAP through Dow Credit Union. Deductible Assistance is designed to cancel a portion of the loan debt when a vehicle is damaged, but not deemed a total loss, and repairs cost more than the deductible.
If purchased during loan origination, GAP may be able to be added to the loan. Otherwise, GAP can be purchased any time during your loan by simply stopping in or contacting us.
1. Your purchase of Dow Credit Union's MEMBER’S CHOICE™ Borrower Security is optional and will not affect your application for credit or the terms of any credit agreement required to obtain a loan. Certain eligibility requirements, conditions and exclusions may apply. Please contact your loan representative or refer to the Member Agreement for a full explanation of the terms of Dow Credit Union's MEMBER’S CHOICE™ Borrower Security.
2. Your purchase of MEMBER’S CHOICE™ Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) is optional and will not affect your application for credit or the terms of any credit agreement required to obtain a loan. Certain eligibility requirements, conditions, and exclusions may apply. Please contact your loan representative or refer to the Member Agreement for a full explanation of the terms of GAP. If you choose GAP, adding the product fee to your loan amount will increase the cost of GAP.
Sometimes, you need extra funds on hand to make ends meet. Dow Credit Union understands. Our Skip-A-Pay service can help by allowing you to skip a payment on each of your eligible Dow Credit Union Consumer Loans once per calendar year.
- Qualified borrowers can skip one (1) payment on an eligible loan each calendar year
- Skip up to six (6) payments over the life of the loan
- Eligible loans include Auto Loans, Non-Balloon Recreational Vehicle Loans, Non-Balloon Share Secured Loans, Signature Loans
- Application form available within Online Banking
- Nonrefundable application fee of $25 per Skip-A-Pay request
- Each use of Skip-A-Pay extends the term of the loan by approximately one (1) month1
See our list of Frequently Asked Questions about Skip-A-Pay for additional details.
Interest will continue to accrue on your current balance during the month you choose to Skip-A-Pay.