The Dow Credit Union Member Giveback
For decades, Dow Credit Union has returned a board-approved percentage of our annual earnings to members in good standing1 via our Member Giveback rebates and rewards2. We are one of only a handful of credit unions nationwide to routinely give back a portion of our earnings to members.
What is the Dow Credit Union Member Giveback?
Dow Credit Union strives to maintain a healthy capital (net worth) level. Anything over that level is considered excess income and generally is given back to eligible members in the form of a Member Giveback. Typically included in the Member Giveback are our Loan Interest Rebate, Member Saver Reward and Visa® Debit Card Rebate.
- The Loan Interest Rebate entitles members in good standing1 to get back a Board-approved percentage of the total interest paid during that year on their rebate-eligible Dow Credit Union loans.
- The Member Saver Reward entitles members in good standing1 to be rewarded with a Board-approved percentage of the total dividends/interest earned during that year on their Dow Credit Union deposits that are eligible for the Member Saver Reward.
- The Visa® Debit Card Rebate entitles members in good standing1 to receive a rebate of a Board-approved percentage of all net purchase transactions (debits) on their Dow Credit Union Visa® Debit Card during that year.
Dow Credit Union is giving back 40% of the interest that members in good standing1 have paid on their eligible loans over the course of the year and is giving them a cash reward equal to 40% of the dividends/interest they earned on their eligible deposits in 2022. Members in good standing1 also will receive a .125% rebate on their combined total signature-based and PIN-based Visa® Debit Card purchases for the year.
2022 Giveback examples
- If you paid $3,000 in interest on any rebate-eligible Dow Credit Union loans in 2022, you would receive $1,200 back.
- If you earned $500 in dividends/interest on eligible Dow Credit Union deposits in 2022, we would give you an additional $200.
2022 marks the 42nd consecutive year of Dow Credit Union's Member Giveback.
The graph shows the Member Giveback percentages for the Loan Interest Rebate and Member Saver Reward over the last 15 years.
Not a member?
1. Members in good standing are defined as those members who have at least $5 in their Share Account on December 31 of that year, have had no delinquent accounts, have not had adverse collection activities on their account, and have not had accounts charged off. Members who are in default or who have caused the credit union a loss typically are not eligible for year-end rebates and rewards.
2. While year-end rebates and rewards occur with great regularity, this credit union benefit is not guaranteed. Not all loan and deposit products are eligible for Member Giveback consideration. Some limitations apply. For the Rebate-Eligible Visa® Credit Card, Loan Interest Rebate typically is deposited to Prime Share Account no later than January 31.
Member Giveback FAQs
Still have questions? Contact us.