With 22 Dow Credit Union ATMs available in the Mid-Michigan area, we have worked to provide you Surcharge-Free access to your money when–and where–you need it. Your account can be accessed via supported ATMs with your Dow Credit Union Visa® Debit Card or ATM Card.
Supported ATM networks
Besides our own ATMs in the mid-michigan area, Dow Credit Union supports the following ATM networks:
For details on the networks and their differences, please see our ATM Locator.
With the Dow Credit Union ATM card, you’ll enjoy the convenience of 24-hour banking, 7 days a week, at ATM locations in Michigan and worldwide.
With your ATM card, you can perform a variety of routine banking transactions when it’s convenient for you:
- Make deposits or withdrawals.
- Transfer funds.
- Inquire about your account balances.
How can you get a Dow Credit Union ATM Card?
Already have a Visa Debit Card? The Dow Credit Union Debit Card already works as a personal check and your ATM card combined, so a dedicated ATM card is not needed.
Otherwise, you can get a Dow Credit Union ATM Card by calling us or stopping by.
Don’t have a card, and need to deposit a check?
That’s no problem with Mobile Check Deposit! Simply snap a picture of the front and back of your endorsed check and submit it for deposit with our Mobile App on a supported device. It’s that easy!
Note: All Dow Credit Union operated ATMs are Envelope-Free
Envelope-Free ATM Cash Deposits
- Always available immediately
All Other ATM Deposits
- First $225 available immediately1
- Remaining funds available next calendar day
Once available, you can withdraw the funds in cash, or use the funds to pay checks or other items from your account.
Choosing an ATM
- When possible, use ATMs with which you are most familiar. Alternatively, choose well-lit, well-placed ATMs where you feel comfortable.
- Scan the whole ATM area before you approach it. Avoid using the ATM altogether if there are any suspicious-looking individuals around or if it looks too isolated or unsafe.
- Avoid opening your purse, bag or wallet while approaching the ATM. Have your card ready in your hand beforehand. Also have your phone ready in case of emergency.
- Notice if anything looks unusual or suspicious about the ATM indicating it might have been altered. If the ATM appears to have any attachments to the card slot or key pad, do not use it. Check for unusual instructions on the display screen and for suspicious blank screens. If you suspect that the ATM has been interfered with, proceed to another ATM and inform Dow Credit Union.
- Avoid ATMs which have messages or signs affixed to them indicating that the screen directions have been changed, especially if the message is posted over the card reader. Financial Institutions and other ATM owners will not put up messages directing you to specific ATMs, nor would they direct you to use an ATM which has been altered.
- If the ATM is having maintenance done, find an alternative ATM to transact at. ATMs need maintenance in order to stay in good working condition.
Using an ATM
- Be especially cautious when strangers offer to help you at an ATM, even if your card is stuck or you are experiencing difficulty with the transaction. You should not allow anyone to distract you while you are at the ATM.
- Check that other individuals in line keep an acceptable distance from you. Be on the look-out for individuals who might be watching you enter your PIN.
- Stand close to the ATM and shield the keypad with your hand when keying in your PIN (you may wish to use the knuckle of your middle finger to key in the PIN).
- Follow the instructions on the display screen, e.g. do not key in your PIN until the ATM requests you to do so.
- If you feel the ATM is not working normally, press the Cancel key and withdraw your card and then proceed to another ATM, reporting the matter to Dow Credit Union.
- Never force your card into the card slot.
- Do not be in a hurry during the transaction, and carefully secure your card & cash in your wallet, handbag or pocket before leaving the ATM.
Managing Your ATM Use
- Memorize your PIN. Do not have it written down anywhere.
- NEVER disclose your PIN to anyone, whether to family member, credit union staff or police.
- Do not use obvious and guessable numbers for your PIN like your date of birth.
- Change your PIN periodically, and, if you think it may have been compromised, change it immediately.
- Regularly check your account balance and statements, report any discrepancies to Dow Credit Union immediately.
- Utilize surcharge-free ATMs when available. Dow Credit Union partners with the CO-OP ATM Network and Alliance One to provide surcharge-free ATM access to 30,000 ATMs for all Dow Credit Union members.
- Please note that you should show the same precautionary care when using your card(s) at a POS (point of sale) pin-pad terminal in a retail environment or at a restaurant or when conducting transactions online, telephonically or when writing checks.